When We Are Closedclosed_sign

Throughout Scotland, out of hours medical care is now done through NHS24 – an organisation of nurses who take your call and can offer you advice or arrange for you to see a doctor. 

Their telephone number is 111 and is free from landlines and mobiles.

If you need to see a doctor and are able to travel, you’ll normally be directed to GMEDs, the Grampian out of hours GP service which is now based in the Emergency Care Centre in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. This is the nearest place with X-ray facilities. You may also be directed to the Huntly Centre, next to the Jubilee Hospital depending on your location and the availability of a doctor. Inverurie and Insch Hospitals have no doctor on site out of hours nor X-ray facilities. You may however be directed there with minor injuries if there is a minor injury nurse available.

If you are too unwell to travel then NHS24/GMEDs may, after assessing over the phone, arrange a GMEDs doctor to visit.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website